This blog is to show the development and documentation of a project about a new Inflight Entertainment for Scandinavian Airlines.
Jane Staal Kolbeck, Kia Karlsen, Frank Roth and Kenneth Andersen
Why Scandinavian Airlines?
We have chosen Scandinavian Airlines because it is a company that is both flying with businessmen and charter guests. They have an IFE system today but not nearly as advanced as we would like.
An Airline company wants to modernise their inflight
The new system should provide relevant experiences
to 2 different target groups:
• Frequent travellers – business men/women on their
way or returning from meetings or conventions
• Holiday travellers – families with children
An Airline company wants to modernize their inflight
• The new system should be substantially different
from existing systems and will be used to brand the
airline company as a new and fresh way of travel.
• The new system DOES NOT have to be physically
the same as existing systems
Set up a BLOG to document the entire development proces
• Set up a research plan – market research, user research, visual
• Document your conceptual thinking (mind maps, sketches, notes)
• Create a paper prototype to test parts of your concept – document
test with video
• Create a flow chart for your concept & create sketch if you are
changing physical layout of in-flight system
• Create a prototype in Balsamiq or Axure
• 1 or 2 Photoshop layouts of final designs